Not sure about ya’ll but I LOVE chicken nuggets, specifically Chick-Fil-A and/or Wendy’s. But ya know, we can’t eat fast food nuggets everyday while being our healthiest selves. So I mixed some shit together the other day and came up with these super easy and macro-friendly chicken nuggets! Plus they’re super yummy.
On top of that, there are technically only 3 ingredients. (I chose to add tons of spices but not needed) and they only take about 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. SCORE!!
Now before I share the ingredients and how to make them, I wanted to say that the nutrition facts and serving size listed below is what’s right for ME. Depending on your weight and health goals, you will have to adjust the serving sizes to make sure they are macro-friend for you. Also disclosure, I am not a nutritionist blah, blah, blah.. (Jamie told me I had to put that, lol).
Let’s do it!
What you’ll need:
- 4 oz raw chicken cut into pieces, nugget style. (I usually cut my chicken at the beginning of the week so that it’s ready to go because I’m lazy)
- 1 whole egg (or you can use egg whites if you don’t want the fat)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Spices of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place foil over a baking sheet and spray with nonstick oil.
- If not prepped already, Cut chicken into nugget shapes and trim off the fat.
- In a clean bowl, crack egg and whisk with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, pour bread crumbs and add spices. The ones I used are in the photo below!
- Dunk the chicken nuggets into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Be sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the nugget on the foiled baking sheet. Repeat until all of the nuggets are ready to go into the oven.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Take them out, add sauces and enjoy!
Sauce it up!
I’m a girl who likes her options, so usually that means having 3+ different drinks around at all times when working and at least 2 different sauces for my nuggets.
For me those are currently ketchup and greek yogurt ranch dressing. (hopefully soon I’ll be able to make a healthier Chick-Fil-A sauce recipe, lol). If you love ranch and haven’t tried the greek yogurt alternative I HIGHLY recommend trying. It’s half the calories as normal ranch but tastes the same, I swear! My favorites are pictured below. This is not sponsored but image if it was.. #goals.
Side note: 36g is a lot of protein for 1 meal depending on how you balance your macros. Consider using only 3oz of chicken for this reason.
I really hope you guys enjoy this recipe and if you try it out for yourselves, please share it with me on social media!