Coming at you guys today with another healthy chicken recipe that I’m super excited about! I have to be honest, I can’t take all of the credit for this one, as I was inspired by the Pesto Presto Panko Chicken from Hello Fresh. Jamie and I used to get Hello Fresh all of the time and we loved it, however the meals weren’t the best for our fitness goals so we’re taking a break but I kept all of the Hello Fresh recipe cards ya know, just incase.
I decided to take Hello Fresh’s recipe and make it much more macros friendly, not to mention a whole lot easier. You’ll find the recipe below. You can make 1 chicken breast at a time or a bunch to last you through the week. I really hope you guys enjoy and if you try to make it, be sure to share with me via social.
Okay, let’s do it!
What You’ll Need:
- Thinly sliced raw chicken breast
- Pesto (I recommend Trader Joe’s vegan, kale, cashew & basil pesto)
- Panko bread crumbs
- Spices of your choice
- (optional) Lemon
- (optional) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Thinly slice chicken breasts. I have tried to use thicker chicken and it did not cook right at all, so I highly recommend using thinly sliced.
- Lay chicken on a sprayed or non-stick sheet pan
- Use the back of a spoon or your instrument of choice to spread a layer of pesto onto the raw chicken. You can make this layer as thin or as thick as you’d like.
- In a bowl, mix together Panko bread crumbs, spices of choice and (optional) parmesan cheese. I choose to not use the cheese due to cutting it from my diet, but i’ve included it before and it tastes yummy!
- Layer the mixture on top of the raw chicken and pesto.
- Place on the middle rack of your oven for 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
- When done cooking, squeeze lemon on top and serve!