Hi sweet friends. it’s my 25th Birthday today WOOOO! I feel a little old but I also feel good about it and what this year will bring me. For the occasion, I wanted to do a fun little blog post sharing 25 random things – mostly random things/facts about me but also some little things I’ve learned over the last 25 years about life.
ALSO – How beautiful is this gown? It’s actually a skirt and a crop top which I think is even cooler. It’s from Babette’s, a local gown boutique located in Bridgeville, PA. They have everything from prom and formal dresses to wedding and bridesmaid gowns.
They were so kind as to offer you guys a discount! Tell them that Kelsey send you and you will receive 25% off of prom gowns and 15% off of any other dresses.
Now let’s get into it. I hope you enjoy!
- If you can find cute and affordable throw pillows, you’re winning at life.
- When I was little, I was obsessed with cheese fries. I would go to my sister’s softball games at different field locations and “taste test” the cheese fries… I’m paying for it now in the gym lol.
- A degree isn’t for everyone, but I believe that the college experience is. I feel like I took away a good amount of knowledge in college regarding my major but I’ve learned WAY MORE just from living in an environment where you’re on your own and learning to be responsible, etc. Plus the relationships I made with my best friends/roommates are worth the 30,000 in debt alone.
- Steamers are a necessity. Why are irons even a thing?
- HOW JAMIE AND I MET: LOL this is a good one. There was a twitter account at our university called “SRU CRUSHES” where anyone could send in statements about someone else and they would post it anonymously. I saw Jamie randomly walking on campus and wanted to know who it was, so I sent in something like “The kid in the Pirates hat with a calf tattoo, you’re beautiful.” He then liked that tweet, so I liked it too and then he slide in my DMS. The story gets even better with the first time we hung out but I’ll share that another time.
- I’m currently obsessed with Dan+Shay. They’re music is just SO GOOD! I’m hoping to see them with my other loves, FGL this summer.
- I strongly believe in the medical/healing benefits of smoking weed.
- I never drink pop but when I do, Diet Dr. Pepper is my jam. Preferably from Chick-Fil-A with a #1, no pickles and 2 sides of Chick-Fil-A sauce please and thanks.
- In the next 2 years, we’re hoping to move states. It’s something I’ve always wanted to experience and we feel like now is the time, you know before we start a family and all that.
- Don’t believe people when they say, “Try it, It’s not that spicy” because 80% of the time, they’re lying.
- If you’re watching your diet and want a healthier option to drink at the bar, order a vodka + soda and carry your favorite flavor of MIO to add into it. Low calories and masks the taste of vodka pretty well.
- You can’t change what happens to you but you can always change how you react to it. ALWAYS remember this!
- I’m very chill of a person. Nothing really bothers me except when Jamie leaves his shoes everywhere. He has like 30 pairs and wears 3 different ones in a day and leaves them all in the living room lol.
- I’m pretty loyal to mint chocolate chip ice cream. It’s the best flavor!
- I can’t whistle 🙁
- I have one tattoo on my ribs. It’s a crown with 3 hearts at the points. Growing up, my 2 sisters and I all had nicknames based off of our personality and mine was Princess. I want more dainty ones!
- I don’t really enjoy communication. I’m a horrible texter, emailer and I hate phone calls. Which kinda sucks because that’s the basically my entire job.
- I swear a lot and I’m really sorry about it.
- I can’t say no to Lindor truffles or anything chocolate really. I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
- No matter what time of day it is, my first meal has to be breakfast food.
- I was in a sorority and it was one of the best decisions in my life! Don’t go into college thinking badly about them, it’s really something that’s different at every school and that you have to learn for yourself. I have made some of my best friends through AOII and I still feel like I could hit anyone of my sisters up and they’d be there for me.
- I was a cheerleader for 12 years. Senior year, I was captain 🙂
- Ranch dressing is life.
- I have my nose pierced
- I feel like this year is going to be a really big one for me and I’m so happy I get to experience it with you guys, doing what I love!
Spray tan: Airbrushed By Angela
Photograther: Lauren Barber