Hi beauty! I hope this post helps your skin care journey. A big tip that I want to share.. Did you know that you’re suppose to apply thin to thick as far as products? For example, apply your serum and then your oils and then your locations to help keep it all in!
Every morning I use a cleanser to wash my face, pat dry and then use the products below. Currently I am testing the DHC deep cleansing oil. You can find for details about these in a below section.
This is the Michael Todd Beauty SonicClear Elite. I use this to wash my face! I will say, it isn’t the most gentle on the skin but I like it that way because it acts as an everyday exfoliator. Another reason I do loving this is because it gets all my makeup off. Also – If I have a spray tan on, I don’t use this.
Funny story with this one. Remember when I basically burnt my face off from trying at home was strips? Yeah so I went into Sephora hoping someone could recommend some type of super hydrating product to use and the sales associate gave me a sample of this. I used it for 4 days morning and night and ended up loving everything about it. It’s smells so good, is so moisturizing and it drys super fast so it’s perfect to apply before your makeup (side note: did you know that you’re suppose to put on a moisturizer right before applying your foundation because I didn’t lol). This is also a great product for sensitive skin. Oh one more thing, I also love that it comes with an applicator! I’ve never seen this before and it magnets to the lid so you don’t loose it. Like what is more annoying than digging your acrylics into a bottle of lotion and getting it stuck all up in your nails? Nothing. This is genius.
FARMACY HONEY DROP – What does it do? This one is for all skin types and obviously helps hydrate, dullness, uneven skin texture and loss of firmness and elasticity. The proprietary honey blend and a triple hyaluronic acid complex leaves skin soft, nourished, and plumped with hydration. Golden cupuaçu butter beads melt into skin, releasing long-lasting moisture. YASSSSS.
I freaking love this stuff! I use it everyday as skincare and sometimes I reapply throughout the day over my makeup (the formula is meant for that). I also use the Rose Glow & Get It as well which is basically the same thing just a little warmer in color. This product helps brighten your under eyes and decreases the appearance of bags. It also has a cooling effect on the skin so it helps to make you feel more awake. You can also use it as a highlighter on your cheeks, nose, collar bones, etc.
TULA GLOW & GET IT – What does it do?
- Gives you immediate cooling, hydration and glow so you look refreshed and energized
- Helps with the look of dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles
- Contains probiotics and superfoods for a truly healthy glow
- Portable, use on-the-go and re-apply throughout the day
- Super easy to use — swipe under & around eyes and on top of cheekbones
I started using SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum in the beginning of April. The brand wanted to work together so I told them I would like to try it first and we could go from there. 1 week of using the product and lots of research later, I agreed to partner with them on Vitamin C day – you may remember that post if you follow me on Instagram.
YOU GUYS! This shit is amazing. Warning: it’s ridiculously expensive. We’re talking $166 for this 1 oz bottle. Before you knock it due to price, know that this will probably last you 9+ months. A little goes a long way and you are only suppose to use it in the morning. When I saw that it retails at $166, I was sad because I didn’t think I would buy another bottle. However, then I thought – how am I going to spend that much money on shoes but not that much on my skin and health? So yeah, I’ll be for sure purchasing again.
C E FERULIC – What does it do? Google before and after results of this product, it’s crazy! It helps protect skin from environmental damage caused by free radicals. It drastically reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles while firming and tightening the skin.
- 15% Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid): provides visible anti-aging benefits, brightens skin and helps protect against oxidative stress
- 1% Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol): this pure form of vitamin E neutralizes free radicals and replenishes skin lipids
- 0.5% Ferulic Acid: a plant-based antioxidant, ferulic acid neutralizes free radicals and enhances the antioxidant benefits and stability of vitamins C and E
Hi, I am obsessed with this tinted primer. If you are interested in it, go to the ‘Tula’ highlight on my Instagram page and checkout the before and after. It’s lightweight, hydrating, easy to blender and helps your makeup stay on longer. I included this in the blog post because it’s also good for your skin and on most days I wear it alone.
TULA PRIMER – What does it do?
- Reduces the appearance of redness and provides a more even-looking skin tone instantly & over time
- Gives skin a “filter-like” finish, without the filter
- Adds an extra layer of hydration to your makeup routine
- Leaves you with the kind of lit-from-within glow that usually comes with a two-week vacay
Currently I am testing out a few different cleansers as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Right now, If I have a full face of makeup on usually I will use the Farmacy makeup meltaway cleansing balm to get everything off before I go in with the DHC cleaner. I’ll keep you updated on how I like these products but so far. so good.
Next, I go in with a cotton pad and toner to make sure I removed all makeup. I’m currently trying out the Tula Pro-Glycolic PH Resurfacing Gel. You can learn more about this below!
If you purchase anything from this blog post, THIS. IS. IT! You guys, this shit is another level of amazing. It works instantly and makes you so dewy, and also helps even your skin tone. I discovered this the same way I discovered Farmacy’s Honey Drop Lotion. This combo is my absolute favorite for moisture. It does run $65 for 2 oz. but you seriously only need half of a penny size per use and I only use it in the evenings.
WATER DRENCH SERUM – What does it do? This powerful serum enriched with 75 percent hyaluronic acid helps keep skin hydrated, attracting up to 1,000 times its weight in water from moisture in the atmosphere. The soothing complex replenishes dehydrated skin with vital nourishment, imparts a look of youthful radiance, and smooths the appearance of fine lines and rough skin texture.
This guy has been promoted to my daily night time routine! I love how fresh it feels and I feel like the CBD really helps any break outs I’m experiencing. I use this at night because it’s thicker & takes longer to dry.
BETTER DAZE AHEAD – What does it do? This cushiony cream is formulated with calming, hemp-derived CBD oil (50mg) and a stress-fighting adaptogen blend of reishi mushroom, purple ginseng, and holy basil to leave skin feeling smooth and comfortable with no greasy residue. It provides intense hydration and helps guard against environmental stress.
Did you know that it is best practice to moisturize every time you get out of the shower? This is an everyday lotion that I love especially being someone who self tans a lot. This is a non-tinted milky body lotion with a tan extender + some anti-aging/firming affects. I love using this on my legs! It gives me the nicest glow.
SOLASTA GLOW ON POINT – What does it have in it?
- Aloe Barbadensis- known to help heal wounds, sunburn, and dry skin. Helps sooth and repair skin.
- Dimethicone- aids in soothing the skin, treats dry skin.
- Caffeine- soothing and antioxidant properties, reduces redness, anti-aging ingredient.
- Green Tea Extract- anti-aging, helps sun damaged skin.
- White Tea Extract- assists in immune cell damage, anti-aging, soothes irritated skin.
- Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil- acne fighting, nourishes the skin, fights dry skin.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil- skin conditioning agent.
- Jojoba- anti-inflammatory, moisture control, reduce redness, skin repairing.
- Almond Oil- moisturizes the skin, rich in Vitamin E.
- Rose Hip Extract- helps reduce and repair scars and burns, anti-inflammatory, rich in vitamin C.
- Cranberry Seed Oil- “super fruit” that is packed with vitamins, assists with skin tightness, and anti-aging.
- Raspberry Seed Oil- anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and high in Vitamin E.
The following are products that I use once or twice a week or as needed if my skin needs a pick-me-up!
Not sure about you guys but I really don’t enjoy washing my face. I love the feeling I get after but I’m seriously so lazy lol. This stuff is basically an exfoliate for the lazy girl and I’m here for it. Not to mention that Lauryn Evarts from the Skinny Confidential (blog) swears by these and she is basically the queen of skincare. Surprise, surprise these are pricey BUT they peel pads are so big that you can rip one pack in half and get two uses out of it. They come in little pouches of an exfoliator pad and a hydrate pad. You use both each use. I use this once a week because of the price but some use it three days a week. This stuff really gives you that pick-me-up.
PEEL PADS – What do they do?Achieve smooth, beautiful skin in two minutes with no recovery time. Dr. Dennis Gross’ iconic renewing peel is an easy and safe at-home version of peels he uses on patients at his NYC practice. Step one is packed with rejuvenating, powerful, yet gentle exfoliating acids. Step two controls the alpha hydroxy acid activity, delivers antiaging actives, nourishes, and keeps skin balanced, smooth, and radiant. Skin immediately looks refreshed and perfectly prepped for a more effective skin care routine. Expect to see improved texture and diminished fine lines with continued use. This universal formula contains a combination of five acids, ideal for first-time peel users and those of all skin types.
Here’s another must have of mine! I’ve been using this stuff for over a year and have shared it many times on social media. I also am happy to say it’s under $15 and it has lasted me for a year! I mix it with apple cider vinegar and apply it as a mask with a brush about two times a month. I recommend starting mixing it with water and work your way up. It leaves your face super red for a few minutes after so don’t be alarmed. It makes your face feel so clean and exfoliated and just amazing. Also – it does burn a little but that’s how you know it’s working. Don’t leave it on too long of it could actually dry your skin out. You never want to leave mud masks on past the point of them fully drying.
Also – I’ve used this mask before to detox my armpits while switching to natural deodorant. I also have used it as a spot treatment for pimples. It’s really amazing for anything but be careful, it’s a bitch to wash off. I usually use a wet towel and put it right in the hamper.
INDIAN HEALING CLAY – What does it do? It’s made of 100% Calcium Bentonite Clay. I really don’t know the science behind how it works but cleopatra used it sooooo…
These are products that I am currently testing out! I usually test out a product for 3 weeks before deciding if I like it or not and sharing it with you guys so I’ll keep you updated on these!
DHC CLEANSING OIL – What does it do?
The original Japanese 1-step oil cleanser melts away makeup and dissolves impurities, leaving your skin clean, soft and radiant.
Deep Cleansing Oil works on the scientific premise that “like attracts like.” Applied with dry hands on your dry face, this rich, naturally golden-hued olive oil cleanser binds with waterproof mascara, sunscreen, makeup and daily grime, rinsing off easily in warm water with zero residue. It’s botanical formulation features antioxidant-rich organic olive oil to soften and protect against free radical damage, and rosemary leaf oil to invigorate and refresh. Also works great as a brush cleaner. Also, Ideal for all skin types.
Organic olive oil: Rich in antioxidants, it maintains the skin’s moisture barrier and helps fight damage caused by free radicals without clogging pores. The olive oil we use in our products is from organic farms in Spain; it is refined and purified in our labs in Japan.
Rosemary leaf oil: Invigorates and imparts a refreshing fragrance.
Vitamin E: Protects skin against free radicals.
I use this right after I cleanse my face. I put a few drops on a cotton pad and run it over my skin – it helps take off excess makeup.
TULA TONER – What does it do?
- Pro-Glycolic Complex proprietary blend of 100% natural lactobacillus probiotics and glycolic acid helps tone and exfoliate skin and removes excess oil and debris.
- Natural Mushroom + Beet Extract is 400X more hydrating than hyaluronic acid alone.
- Turmeric Extract is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce signs of inflammation.
- Blueberry Extract natural anti-oxidant helps to fight free radical damage.
This is the best for travel or if you’re just lazy and want to spray your moisturizer on. I’m loving the formula so far but will of course keep you updated!
HYDRATING MIST – What does it do?
Bondi Hydrating Mist is a vitamin skin-boosting toner that protects skin from everyday environmental agressors while replenishing essential hydration. Packed with Kakadu Plum, a powerful Aussie super fruit, Vitamin B3 and Cucumber to protect and calm the skin.
TAN-LUXE DROPS – What do they do?
A one-of-a-kind hyaluronic, superfood self-tan serum formulated for daily use—soft, smooth, and lightly sunned skin in a bottle. Hyaluronic super serum hydrates skin, while nourishing, superfood ingredients work to even skin tone, color-correct, and minimize pigmentation—all with the ability to customize skin’s glow. This serum is also formulated with cocoa seed extract to shield skin from environmental aggressors.
– Hyaluronic Acid: Delivers hydration to skin.
– Cocoa Seed Extract: Works as a shield to protect the skin from daily environmental aggressors and pollutants.
– Raspberry Seed Oil: Works as A natural antioxidant, rich in vitamin E.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What does it do? I genuinely love this cleaners because it actually makes your face feel, smell and look clean. The gel consistency suds up like soap and it smells like soap too! I feel like a lot of cleaners now a days try to smell more like a fragrance which i’m not really into. The cleanser is infused with the following to help clean, firm and hydrate your skin.
- Lactic acid naturally cleanses and exfoliates to reveal healthy, radiant looking skin.
- Chicory root is a natural anti-inflammatory prebiotic that helps boost the appearance of firmer skin.
- Turmeric root is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce signs of inflammation.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that help protect from free-radical attack.
- Probiotics hydrate and lock in moisture.
- Gives skin a softer, smoother appearance.
- Reveals a more radiant-looking complexion.
- Deep-cleans pores.
- Contains our signature probiotics so skin is left feeling hydrated and balanced.